Picking tips for Strawberries:
Before You Arrive:
- Please dress according to weather conditions.
- Arrive early while temperatures are cooler and picking is plentiful.
- Wear sensible shoes as the ground can be uneven.
- Bring hats and sunscreen for you and your family.
- We offer Ice Cold beverages for purchase at our farm stand.
What’s our weather like?
Method of Payment: Cash & Card
At the Farm:
- Walk between plant rows only.
- Pets are NOT allowed in the field.
- NO Smoking while handling fruits and Vegetables.
- Beware of uneven, slippery ground conditions and irrigation lines.
- Sanitize your hands before picking.
- Select plump, fully ripe berries.
- Carefully place the berries into your container. Don’t overfill your containers or try to pack the berries down.
When you get Home:
- Don’t wash the berries until you are ready to use them.
- Leave the green caps on the berries until they are ready to be used. This keeps them juicier!
- You can easily freeze berries that you cannot use right away. Just wash, cut the green caps off and pop them into a freezer bag. Remove as much air as possible.